Hope wins in the end. There is always a reason to keep going, pressing on through when life is difficult or dark.

My name is Maria, and I’m writing this blog to encourage you to keep going, and because I need to remind myself of that too. If you’re finding life dark or difficult, this is a place for you. If things are a struggle or someone you know is struggling, welcome.

Wednesday, 20 January 2016

Why it's called 'Hope Wins'


I picked the name for this blog very deliberately: Hope Wins. (Unfortunately it was already taken on Blogger but one day I’ll buy the right address for it!)

Although it’s a space for me to share my battle with depression, that’s not why I wanted to write this blog. Although it could be an insight for others into the reality of this hidden illness, that’s not the primary purpose. Although I hope these writings will be a comfort and a help to others going through the same thing, even that isn’t the actual reason I’m writing.  I’m writing this blog because I want to show that even in struggle and pain and dark places, hope will always still win. It wins because of Jesus.

I know that statement needs explaining, and I’m going to use a good chunk of my posts here to show how Jesus = Hope. My first draft of this post tried to explain it, but there’s far too many things to say to do any of them justice in summary!

In my more everyday posts, I also intend to show you how God moves in my life. The times when he is faithful, when he’s my firm rock. The love he shows and the way he provides for me. On my bad days, I don’t notice God at work. Part of depression is being blind to the good things life has in it.  But even the bad days are days he’s made me strong enough to survive them. Even they are a testimony to my belief that hope will win in the end, a hope worth waiting and fighting for.


Would you pray for me that this blog achieves all that? I want it to serve God’s purpose. 

No comments:

Post a Comment